Dennis Group Salt Lake City
Senior Architect (Industrial Construction)
As a design/build engineering firm and general contractor, Dennis Group’s Architects support our industrial architectural practice in designing and building food and beverage processing facilities. Our industrial projects are complex and require frequent interaction with our project managers, process designers, and multiple different disciplines of engineering staff. The Architect is a key role in all phases of architectural design and facility programming for defining spaces and their characteristics from proposal development through construction administration. Architects apply knowledge in areas of sanitary design, building materials, and construction methods. As a Senior Architect on the Dennis Group team responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead architecture design on large and / or complex projects.
- Able to provide guidance and direction to other Architects and Design Staff
- Fully versed in all activities associated with architectural principles and practices, building materials and construction methods to make design decisions and implement
- Extensive sanitary design and refrigerated / frozen facilities
- Encourage team members to think about new methods, technologies, and other innovative ways to solve problems.
- Produce high quality and high-level designs / architectures for new products.
- Participate and evaluate and/or critiques product designs as required.
- Prepare programming and concept development documentation to meet clients’ needs and budget
- Monitor project construction costs
- Conduct quality control review of project documents
- Complete field reports to document field observations form construction site visit
- Manage project close-out procedures and documentation
- Evaluate, reconcile and coordinate applicable regulatory requirements and professional design standards
- Develop vision and goals for the project
- Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of a project work plan with the Project Manager.
- Evaluate product and material substitutions
- Execute applicable agency review analysis for codes, zoning, accessibility, life-safety, etc.
- Carry out design and architectural detailing tasks including site and building planning studies, elevation studies, stairs, functional space layouts, building sections, wall sections, special details, etc.
- Produce schematic, design development and construction documents; make decisions and negotiate critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager and other team members
- Provide expert insight and advice to the project team (all disciplines) for documents coordination including design drawings construction documentation and specifications
- Be the expert example to maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
- Perform construction administration duties - RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, on-site observation, etc., and/or review work of subordinate team members.
- Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors and be a lead in those visits / meetings.
- Prepare and manage design contracts, professional services agreements, and team schedule
- Participate in marketing efforts and presentations to prospective clients
- Handle complex issues and tasks with minimal supervision and advise subordinate team members on solutions to issues they encounter.
- Responsible for providing guidance to complete tasks and be available to help manage deadline conflicts as needed.
- Provide coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group when directed by supervisor.
Required Education Skills and Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 10+ years of professional experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Architectural license required with LEED accreditation a plus
- 10+ years of commercial or industrial project experience
- 10+ years of experience with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
- Expert in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is necessary.
- 7+ years of experience with Revit
- Expert in all phases of a project including construction documentation review
- Expert understanding of the project management process
- Effective verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Professional and collaborative work ethic
- Travel to customer project sites for fieldwork, review, audit, and meetings, estimated 25%.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 15 pounds at times.
- Up to 25% travel required to visit project site and other offices.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics