Dennis Group Salt Lake City
Project Manager I (Industrial Construction)
About the Job
We are seeking Project Managers to support our building design and construction teams. You will play a key role in all phases of project management from scope development through construction administration.
This role requires excellent leadership, organization, and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is also technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background - which they apply daily - and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Typical responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing projects from planning through commissioning including developing key objectives for each project and ensuring the objectives are achieved
- Assisting with the development of project scope, budget and schedule
- Managing in-house and consulting design teamwork product
- Establishing design criteria; reviewing design and construction phase documents
- Managing permit, code and regulatory approvals
- Procurement (preparation of bid packages, bid tabulation, writing of purchase orders and subcontracts)
- Organizing construction trades and administering subcontracts
- Managing project budget and expense approvals
- Managing contract and change order administration
- Overseeing equipment installations
- Providing on-site supervision
- Managing project punch-list inspection
- Assembling and maintaining complete project records and close-out documents
- Interfacing with client and all project assigned, working in client facilities and construction sites.
- Researching project management best practices
- Supporting talent growth within our organization
Our projects are located throughout the United States and Canada, and this is a position that you will need to work collaboratively with owners, A/E teams, subs, building officials, etc. regularly at the client’s facilities and construction sites. Overnight travel requirement will be not less than 50% of any given time of the year.
- Degree in Construction Management / Architecture / Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience within a design-build, General Contractor company working with multiple in-house engineer disciplines, architects, designers, etc.
- 0-3 years of experience or schooling with MEP industrial construction projects, preferably food and beverage or pharmaceutical projects.
- 0-3 years of experience or schooling with Building construction, Project scheduling, Construction estimating, and Construction Safety.
- Experience with a General Contractor company working with multiple in-house engineer disciplines, architects, designers, etc. is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, Revit and other design software
- Familiarity with sanitary environments is a plus
- Must meet overnight travel requirement of not less than 50% of any given time of the year
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.