Dennis Group Salt Lake City
Project Manager - Engineering
About the Job
We are seeking budding Project Managers to support our building design and construction teams. You will play a key role in all phases of project management from scope development through construction administration. Typical responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development of project scope, budget and schedule
- Managing in-house and consulting design team work product
- Establishing design criteria; reviewing design and construction phase documents
- Managing permit, code and regulatory approvals
- Procurement (preparation of bid packages, bid tabulation, writing of purchase orders and subcontracts)
- Organizing construction trades and administering subcontracts
- Managing project budget and expense approvals
- Managing contract and change order administration
- Overseeing equipment installations
- Providing on-site supervision
- Managing project punch-list inspection
- Assembling and maintaining complete project records and close-out documents
- Interfacing with client and all project assigned
- Degree in Construction Management / Architecture / Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in building design or construction management fields
Preferred candidates should have a fundamental understanding of:
- Building construction
- Project scheduling
- Construction estimating
- Construction Safety
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD and other design software
- Familiarity with sanitary environments is a plus
This role requires excellent leadership, organization and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is also technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background - which they apply daily - and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Candidates must be open to overnight travel not less than 50% of any given year and be willing to work in client facilities and construction sites.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.